If you’ve finished a project and you are about to query an agent or editor, here’s a great article linked from Harold Underdown’s blog. If you don’t know about him and you write for children, keep his site handy. It’s a terrific resource.
Before you send, a checklist:
- Did you research your recipient?
- Did you spell their name right?
- Are you sending a manuscript they said they didn’t want?
- Did you include your social media information? (If you have it.)
- Did you include your contact information?
- Is your letter brief and to the point?
- Does the tone of your letter catch the spirit of your story?
- Did you include the character and the stakes? (If you don’t know what stakes are, look it up.)
- Did you include only relevant biographical information?
- Is your letter less than a page long?
Visit my other blogs
Search this blog