If you’ve finished a project and you are about to query an agent or editor, here’s a great article linked from Harold Underdown’s blog. If you don’t know about him and you write for children, keep his site handy. It’s a terrific resource.
Before you send, a checklist:
- Did you research your recipient?
- Did you spell their name right?
- Are you sending a manuscript they said they didn’t want?
- Did you include your social media information? (If you have it.)
- Did you include your contact information?
- Is your letter brief and to the point?
- Does the tone of your letter catch the spirit of your story?
- Did you include the character and the stakes? (If you don’t know what stakes are, look it up.)
- Did you include only relevant biographical information?
- Is your letter less than a page long?
Visit my other blogs
Search this blog
2012 2013 advice agent agents author authors blogs books challenge character children's books contest creativity fiction help hints ideas information inspiration literary literary agents NaNoWriMo NaPoWriMo novel novels november picture book picture books plot poem poem a day poetry professional promotion publication publicity publishing resources revision social media structure submissions writers writing